The Edge of Tomorrow Trailer
1. How did Rita Vrataski find out that she has lost her ability to reset?
2. Every time somebody who had the ability to reset dies, is an alternate reality created?
Let’ say we apply this theory to the movie. If so, whenever someone like William or Rita dies and resets, does the reality where they have died continue to move on and exist? Or does it just dissolve to nothingness? It also reminds me of “The Butterfly Effect”, which states that a small change or alteration in a certain system can lead to huge consequences to its later state. Whenever William makes small changes in every loop when he resets (the way he speaks, or the time he eats, for example), does it send ripples through time and cause major changes in the future? Furthermore, do these varied time loops continue to exist?
3. Why didn’t the Omega just reset the time when it was about to die?
|“I’m not holding a dynamite, right?”|
4. Does the time-looping ability only reset time, or does it allow a person to travel through time.
|“Oh no, this isn’t high school all over again is it?”|
5. Does the time-looping ability allow an individual to be in two places at the same time?
|“There’s got to be a Save button here somewhere”|
Credits to the images and videos used in this post go to “The Edge of Tomorrow”, “Sword Art Online” and/or to their respective owners. I do not own these materials. No copyright infringement intended.