Eggy Bread: Best French Toast Recipe for 1: Did French Toast come from France? While the origins of this simple yet tasty dish are hazy, different versions of this sweet eggy bread are all over the world. Some people like their French Toast with bananas or berries, others like it with cheese, there’s French Toast Filipino Style, there’s even French Toast without milk!
While I’m all for innovation, to me nothing beats a simple, fluffy French Toast with cinnamon and milk. I like the basic version of this eggy bread the best, maybe because I also have fond memories of gobbling homemade French Toast when I was a kid.
Let me share with you what I personally believe to be a simple, yet the best French Toast recipe for 1. Watch the video below for the whole procedure. If you prefer to read, the whole recipe is also written below.
Eggy Bread: Best French Toast Recipe for 1
- 2 Eggs, Scrambled
- Vanilla Extract
- 1/4 cup Fresh Milk
- Sweetened Condensed Milk
- Honey or Maple Syrup
- White Bread
- Beat the two eggs in a small bowl.
- Add the Fresh Milk, Cinnamon, and two drops of Vanilla Extract. Mix well.
- Add sweetened condensed milk to taste.
- Heat the butter on a non-stick pan.
- Coat both sides of the white bread slices with the egg-milk mixture. Be sure to put them on the pan right after coating to keep the slices from being soggy.
- Fry one side of the eggy bread slices until golden brown, then flip to the other side.
- Serve with butter on top, then drizzle with honey or maple syrup.
There’s your Eggy Bread French Toast for 1! Or for two if you don’t have the same appetite as I do. Do you also have your own eggy bread, French Toast recipes? Share it with us in the comments below!
Subscribe to Geoffreview on Youtube for more recipes!