How to apply for Australian visa online.
There are friends who have been asking how I applied, and which documents I submitted when I applied for an Australian visa, hence this blog post. There are two ways to apply:
- Apply through VFS Global (Australian Visa Application Centre)
- Apply Online
The Australian Embassy though strongly encourages applicants to lodge their applications online since it’s supposedly the faster option. According to the VFS Global representative I talked to over the phone, applying online would mean that your documents are sent directly to the Australian embassy, whereas documents sent to the VFS Global office are forwarded to the embassy the following working day.
How to apply for Australian visa online:
- Scanned copy of my passport (photo page as well as pages showing details of previous travels)
- Copy of my plane ticket
- Scanned copy of the passport of my contact in Australia
- Letter of Support from my Australian contact
- Bank Certificate
- Bank Transaction History
- BIR Form 2316 (ITR)
- Certificate of Employment
- Certification of Promotion and Salary Adjustment
- Credit Card Statement
- Scanned copy of my birth certificate
- Scanned copy of the Contract to Sell of my condo unit.
- Travel Itinerary (daily itinerary with estimated costs of expenses)
- Accomplished Visitor Visa Form 1419 (with passport-size picture attached. You may download the form here).
- Accomplished Subclass 600 Tourist Stream checklist (refer to Step 2 for requirements checklist).