Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 has been out in theaters for several days now, and I’m sure a lot of people would agree with me when I say that’s probably the funniest movie so far of the MCU. Not only is it brimming with cameos and easter eggs, the script and storyline is something that even non-fans would find hilarious.
One of the things that I realized with the Guardians sequel, is that despite being in the same MCU, the Guardians franchise seemed to be totally isolated from what goes on with the Avengers. It’s understandable given that the Avengers’ business seemed to focus only on defending Earth, while the Guardians of the Galaxy has made a name for themselves by well…saving the galaxy. But knowing how far apart these group of superheroes are, we were wondering how Marvel is planning to have their paths cross in Avengers: Infinity War.
We put two and two together to come up with a likely conclusion of how these storylines would come together. Here are the breadcrumbs that we followed along the way:
- Thanos is out to collect all six infinity stones
- Two of the Infinity Stones are currently in planet Earth. The Mind Stone is with Vision, while the Time Stone is being kept in the Kamar-Taj library.
- This means Thanos would be on his way to Earth to collect the two Stones. In doing so, he would have to face off with the Avengers, and the sorcerers of Kamar-Taj
- Meanwhile, as we now know from Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2, Nebula is on her way to find and kill Thanos. She’ll find out that Thanos has his eyes on Earth, and follows him there.
- This would put her in great danger, and given that she has already reconciled with her sister, Gamora might go after her sister together with the rest of the Guardians.
- This is how the Guardians, Avengers, and thr Sorcerer Supreme would come together in one movie to battle it out with Thanos.
Sounds legit right? Of course, this is just a wild guess based on wild assumptions, but who knows. This sounds like a pretty valid premise after all.