What’s better than chocolate? Learning how to make your own chocolates!
I think I died for a moment last September 29 because I felt like I was in chocolate heaven! We were treated to a sinfully sweet live demo by Chef Mai Ote at Enderun Colleges, where we learned how to prepare some of our most well-loved chocolate recipes. Gosh, thinking just about it right now is making me crave for some truffles!
|Chef Mai Ote, tempting us some more by asking us to watch closer.|
|Feels like this was taken straight from a cooking show on TV!|
Mind you, this wasn’t a simple cooking demo where you just learn how to prepare certain specialty dishes. We also got to learn a lot of facts and trivia about chocolate, as well as a few tips and tricks in preparing and handling your very own chocolate goodies.
|Don’t you just wish that this was your kitchen right now?|
|A blower in the kitchen. Can you guess what this was used for?|
Here is an overview of what we covered that day:
- Chocolate Trivia / History (This is the warm-up. I understand that you want to get right down to business but patience man, patience.)
- Couverture vs. Compound (Hey, you should at least know what you’re eating).
- Handling and Proper Storage of Chocolate (Learn why you can’t use a whisk when handling chocolate).
- Tempering Demo (We learned a trick where we used our lips…YES LIPS! to check if chocolate is already tempered enough).
- The Fun Part (Making and EATING chocolates! Woohoo!)
|Fellow bloggers Mar and Jel using their lips for tempering.|
|TrufflePops! I’ll put several in one stick, then I can have Trufflecues!|
|Potato Chips and Dried Mangoes dipped in chocolate. Nothing can be more sinfully tasty than this!|
|Cranberry and walnuts on white chocolate|
|Not all that glitters is gold…some of them are chocolate.|
|Now I just need chocolate teacups.|
|Chocolate Rice. Your diet is no match for this!|
Don’t feel bad if you missed this one, Enderun will be having another Chocolate 101 session on October 19, 2013, 9AM – 12NN at the Enderun Colleges. Here are the rest of the details:
Workshop Fee: Php 1,500.00 per participant
Phone: +63917 881 1217
Landline: (632) 856 5000 local 505
Enderun Colleges Address: 1100 Campus Avenue, McKinley Hill, Fort Bonifacio, Taguig City, Taguig, 1634, Philippines